Painter and Decorator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying, preparing and decorating internal and external elements of the building and grounds, which may include the use of paint, papers and other decorative finishes.
- Identifying maintenance, repairs and new jobs and assisting in the planning of work with fellow colleagues.
- Assisting the Head of Maintenance with making contact with materials suppliers and if required, making contact and liaising with contractors, and ordering materials and supplies.
- Assisting with other maintenance activities outside of your main area of expertise to ensure the premises are fit for purpose. Some tasks will require activity loosely described as porterage when required.
- Carrying out method and risk assessments to ensure safe working in accordance with health & safety regulation, and safely use ladders and scaffolding to access equipment for working at height.
- Assisting other team members with the day-to-day and planned general and specific maintenance and porterage tasks as required and directed.
- Maintaining and repairing plant and equipment within safe working limits, and with knowledge and competence.
- Operating plant and equipment in a safe manner.
- Undertaking grounds maintenance, caretaking, porterage and emergency cleaning activity on a rota basis.
- Attending and participating in training events.
- Undertaking occasional outside of hours duties including emergency call outs.
- Undertaking any other tasks and duties of similar responsibility, as directed.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Painter and Decorator
- Good trade skills
- Good communication skills
- Must build trust and confidence in staff at all levels
- Knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Must be organised, reliable and able to take initiative.
- Tact, discretion, and the capacity to work effectively and stay calm under pressure.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work sometimes in isolation but also as part of a team is essential.
- Ability to work safely to acceptable industry standards.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of skill and professionalism